Preferred Employment & Living Supports (PELS) provides high-quality care, training and opportunities for clients with disabilities, mental illness and other life challenges. Founded in 2013 by a team of experienced professionals, we have built all PELS culture and services around successful client outcomes—from finding meaningful employment and being part of their community, to living independently and overcoming barriers.
- In the field of mental health, individual caregivers provide support to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
- At the same time, PELS provides employment training for those with disabilities, ensuring that they will have the essential skills they need to succeed as employees.
We are CARF-accredited and partner with many of Western Michigan’s leading health care, mental health and human services agencies. Our affiliations with key organizations also provide us access to interpreters and sign language specialists. We also work with many of the region’s employers and nonprofit organizations to help provide them with trained, reliable and valuable employees. PELS also holds professional memberships in a number of organizations including:
- Brain Association of Michigan
- Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce
- Bureau of Services for Blind Persons