The Preferred Employment & Living Supports Empowerment Program is offered at both our Muskegon and Holland facilities.
In Holland, the day program is based at the Macatawa Resource Center, 665 136th Avenue, Holland, MI 49424. Program hours are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday – Friday. The Muskegon program is based at our offices at 1205 Peck Street, Muskegon, MI 49441.
The program is designed for individuals with varying degrees of need in an environment that respects and honors diversity and promotes community access and inclusion. Our team of hands-on managers and dedicated staff addresses the Person-Centered goals of each client through an array of activities that target basic life skills and helps broaden to more specific skills and interest areas on-site and throughout the community.
These learning modules encompass skills in the following areas:
- Paper Recycling & Paper Shredding
- Food Preparation
- Nutrition and Health
- Gardening and Groundskeeping
- Office and Clerical
Each program component is designed to help participants to develop the skills necessary to be successful at home, in the community, at work and in life.
- We empower all participants to function at their highest level of independence
- We empower participants to find and develop a voice in the community and to learn to speak up for themselves and their needs and wants
- We empower participants in identifying interests and skill areas
- We empower participants to access the tools needed not only to function but to thrive in navigating life, be it learning the activities of daily living or developing greater self-awareness
- We empower participants to make choices that result in positive outcomes
The Empowerment Program believes that everyone, regardless of their level of need or their skills and abilities, deserves services that take into account individuality, potential, and choice.