Responsible To: Empowerment Program Team Lead, Director of Services
From $13.25 an hour
- Sign on bonus at 90 days
- Staff referral bonus
Preferred Employment & Living Supports- Make A Difference Every Day
Be Present- Advocate for Empowerment- Promote Inclusive Leadership- Create & Capture Opportunities
We offer jobs that help community and leave you feeling fulfilled. In addition, you will be recognized when you do a good job. We take pride in our staff!
Join a team of passionate and caring people who make a difference in people’s lives. We are now hiring for Community Living Support (CLS) Specialists in Holland, MI to provide direct care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our CLS staff are the STARS of our organization who provide care to the people we support.
In the role of Community Living Support Specialists, you will provide training, mentoring, and day-to-day routine supports for the people we serve as well as guidance and assistance with daily living tasks and maintaining a happy, healthy life. You will also be providing the guidance needed to help grow and develop independence and self-determination. Community Living Supports Specialists work hard to assist each person served to access their community and develop new relationships outside of their staff. This also includes targeting goals of their “Person-Centered Plan,” such as cooking, laundry, homemaking, shopping, safety, personal care, behavior support, and volunteer or employment activities. Community Living Supports Specialists will attend any training as requested to remain educated on pertinent federal, state, local, and company rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
In addition to the personal reward of working to empower the lives of others, this job is a great position for strengthening leadership and communication skills that can personally benefit you.
- Understanding and complete adherence to the client’s Plan of Care.
- Utilization of techniques and training to provide high-quality care in a safe, healthy setting.
- Maintaining a calm, caring, and motivating attitude toward clients and families.
- Respect the individual dignity, rights, and privacy of each client.
- Communicate in a professional, timely manner, all information, concerns, and emergencies to appropriate team members.
- Attendance and participation for all assigned training, and team meetings as requested.
- To creatively problem solve, prioritize, and plan with a team, to assure follow-through of schedules.
- Complete documentation of all-time sheets and reports as directed, and within time frames allowed.
- Follows established policies and procedures related to assigned tasks.
- We ask for a minimum of one year of experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities. If you have no experience and are interested in working with individuals with developmental disabilities and mental illness, we do offer the proper training!
- Good communication skills and the ability to maintain harmonious relationships with other people.
- Graduate from high school or equivalent.
- Successful completion of required training.
- Current Michigan Driver’s License and Transportation.
- Available for on-call shifts, flexibility with assignments.
- Clear criminal record.
If you would like to apply at Preferred, we would like to move forward with you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $13.25 per hour
Work Location: One location
Valid Through: 4/30/22
Job ID: GCLSS-Holland-Ottawa