Responsible To: CLS/Respite Team Lead, Director of Services
$14 – $17 / hour
- Sign-On Bonus upon 90 days of employment
- Referral bonus for referring new staff
CLS employees find they have flexible jobs. If pursuing a rewarding, flexible job fits your lifestyle, keep reading!
Preferred Supports is seeking experienced caregivers in the Muskegon area. If you have at least one year of experience we would love to talk to you!
As a Community Living Support Specialist, you will provide training, mentoring, and day-to-day routine supports for the people we serve. In addition to guidance and assistance with daily living tasks you will help to maintain a happy, healthy life for our consumers. You will provide the guidance needed to help grow and develop independence and self-determination. Support specialists work hard to assist each person served to access their community and develop new relationships outside of their staff. This also includes targeting goals of their “Person-Centered Plan,” such as cooking, laundry, homemaking, shopping, safety, personal care, behavior support, and volunteer or employment activities.
In addition to the personal reward of working to empower the lives of others, this job is a great position for strengthening leadership and communication skills that can personally benefit you.
- Understanding and complete adherence to the client’s Plan of Care.
- Utilization of techniques and training to provide high-quality care in a safe, healthy setting.
- Maintaining a calm, caring, motivating attitude toward clients and families.
- Respect the individual dignity, rights, and privacy of each client.
- Communicate in a professional, timely manner, all information, concerns, and emergencies to appropriate team members.
- Attendance and participation for all assigned training, and team meetings as requested.
- To creatively problem solve, prioritize, and plan with a team, to assure follow-through of schedules.
- Complete documentation of all-time sheets and reports as directed, and within time frames allowed.
- Follows established policies and procedures related to assigned tasks
- A minimum of one year of experience working with individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities. If you do not have a minimum of one year of experience and are interested in working with individuals with developmental disabilities and mental illness, we do offer the proper training!
- Good communication skills and the ability to maintain harmonious relationships with other people.
- Graduate from high school or equivalent.
- Successful completion of required training.
- Current Michigan Driver’s License, auto insurance and transportation.
- Available for on-call shifts, flexibility with assignments.
- Clear criminal record.
Job Type: Full-Time and Part-Time Available
Job Location: Various locations in Muskegon, Michigan and the Muskegon county area
Valid Through: 4/30/23
Pay: $14 – $17 per hour
Job ID: CLSS-Muskegon